Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The meeting


One of the two jobs I was working was as a cashier in a grocery store. I was finishing up a shift when I turned around and saw my manager and friend talking to the most beautiful man I had ever laid eyes on. I had to meet him. I walked over and we all started talking, then the manager had to leave to attend to business so it was just this handsome creature and me. I could not believe my eyes. We walked out together and proceeded to sit in his car and talk for three more hours. We said good night and left it at that. This is the first time I had met Mike and little did I know at that moment but my life was never going to be the same.

The next day, as I was again finishing up my shift, I saw him on the checkout line. I walked over and asked if he would like to get a cup of coffee or something. He said yes! We sat in the diner for hours and when he brought me back to my car, we chatted for a few more hours. I left with a permanent smile on my face. And so our days proceeded, meeting every day, and talking until the need for some sleep separated us. 

It was the end of 2007 and the beginning of the most enchanted time I ever had in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment