Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The beginning of our life together


In January of 2008, Mike asked me to move in with him and his son Michael and his friends helped. Our life together had begun. It was a beautiful life. We slept a lot because we both worked crazy hours. But the times we shared were amazing. We walked, talked more than anyone I know, and made a home for each other. I had a breast cancer scare in May when I found a lump in my breast. Mike was so scared because I had already had cancer in 2005. He was by my side every   step of the way and thank God it was benign. I could see how much he loved me and it always took my breath away. We were both completing our divorces, money was tight, and a slew of other crazy things were happening but we were so happy together. Mike got a great birthday present; both of our divorces came through at the same time. We were both finally divorced, it was so freeing.

For Thanksgiving, the whole family went to stay at his brother Lees' cabin. It was such a nice family moment. His youngest daughter got to come with us and that made Mike so happy. He loved his baby-girl so much.

I cannot say the year was not uneventful but it was the happiest year of my life. As long as I had Mike at my side, I knew everything was going to be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment